Monday, May 21, 2007

Thai Tina's & The Amazing Spectacular Rolling Sky

****FYI: May 21 is Jon and Melinda's one year wedding anniversary!****

We went out with a fun group of friends this past Saturday night and--Lo and Behold!--there was this amazing sky outside after we left the restaurant. I really didn't expect to shoot any photos that night but of course something great always pops up when I don't plan on taking pics. At first I shot with our handy little pocket camera, a Canon somethin' or other, just to get some fun mementos of our friends...but that sky was just amazing and there's only so much you can do with a little camera and no tripod. "Magic hour" was already fading by the time I finally decided to take the bigger camera out for a run. Ah, well. So I missed the gorgeous blue and magenta cloud-speckled sky for the following photos but it was still fun experimenting.
I wish I could've had this expression coupled with the lens flare from the photo below. And, ideally, I'd nix the buildings but I couldn't get the angle I wanted when I shifted the cam above the buildings. We later stood him on a chair which helped...but anyway--long story short: just a fun, impromptu shoot while out with 6 friends, everyone's talking, the flash is popping off, strangers are walking by...lots of stuff going on.
Good friends. Good times.