Thursday, December 06, 2007

Portland After Dark

What do you do when you're on a dark bridge heading out of Portland and traffic's bumper to bumper? Whip out the camera, crank up the ISO (AKA "grain, grain, grain"), and start snapping, my friend. Yes, do whatever it takes to stave off the boredom of "parking lot traffic."

And wouldn't you know, traffic on the other side is always going faster than the side you're on. Hence, the mac truck whizzing past the window in the photo above.

It's just a law of nature that we all have to come to grips with.

I call this oh-so-sharp and fabulous work of art "Leaving Portland." Okay. So the quality's pretty crappy. But sometimes you just gotta snap a pic for your own sanity and therapy.

Leaving Portland. Ohhhh yes. That's what I'll be doing tomorrow evening. Leaving Portland and taking off for a much deserved time with family and friends in good 'ole Tejas. Thank you Lord!!! If I didn't get out every so often, I think I'd go crazy.

'Course I'll probably cry on the way back in...

Ah well. You win some you lose some. Give and take.