Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Luna Restaurant: Private Wine Cellar Tour

When my friend Rachelle and I lunched at the fabulous Luna Restaurant in Spokane, WA back in October, we were invited by the staff to take a private tour of their wine cellar. It was completely unexpected, but we delighted in the opportunity to see the work going on underneath the lovely decor of the dining room.

This is Dave, our knowledgeable guide, underlining the many varieties of wine that Luna serves.



The photo below is from a wall covered in corks depicting a wine bottle.
If I remember correctly, it was the handiwork of a manager with far too much time on their hands....and a shot of the beautiful Luna Restaurant. If you're wondering why it looks empty, it's because all the lunch diners have already left.
Love this whimsical display! It's the kind of thing my brain dreams of at night yet rarely designs in real life.

I love the decor. I'd love to own a home outfitted in Luna style.