Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Las Vegas-May 2007

Jon and I went to Las Vegas toward the end of May and I never did post any pics...Okay, so I'd never been to Vegas before and I was pretty surprised at the slot machines in the airport. They sure don't waste any time.
My favorite sculpture: the Winged Victory of Samothrace. Also known as the Nike of Samothrace. What fun to find a copy of it in front of Caesar's Palace.
Sweet Jonny with his silly smile.
Busy Vegas. Definitely a far cry from a quiet, secluded beach.
The Venetian and it's marvelous canopy of (almost real) clouds. They were stunning. I don't know how they did it or what it was made out of but it was gorgeous.
Gotta get a showgirl pic. Hello to my CliffDweller friends. Hope you guys can use one of these silly pics in your mag.
CliffDweller Round 2.
The fabulous pools at The Venetian. If you can get in, go to the pools at the Venetian. It was pretty crowded but they're way nicer than the other hotel pools that we saw.People, people, people. Skin, skin, skin.
Sunshine, pretty walkways, lush landscaping, misters, private cabanas, outdoor shaded bar, and workers who bring drink orders to you as you lounge. Quite nice.
Clean outdoor showers, too, after you're finished lazing around.
We saw STOMP! I thought they'd be good but I didn't know they'd be that good. It's the best live performance I've ever seen. They're hilarious and a lot more narrative than I expected. Really talented troupe. I recommend it.
The stage was wild. Awesome job on the decor. We got a free upgrade to the Mezzanine (awesome) and the place was decorated all around like none other. Street signs, building signs, neon signs, any kind of sign--it was there, starting from the stage and extending way out to the left and right, floor to ceiling. They even had trashcans hanging from the ceiling for later use throughout the show. I'd throw money out to see Stomp any day.