Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Orzo Salad


Oh yum. Jon and I were at Whole Foods a month or so ago and I was shoveling a ton of food from their supremely marvelous buffet into my $7.99/lb To Go box. Pricey but sooo good, fresh, and tasty. Among the variety of curried tofu I scooped into the box, there was this wonderfully light orzo with veggies and feta. I don't recall ever having orzo before but I'm happy I tried it 'cause it was LIP-SMACKIN' GOOD! UM!

Since then I've made it twice. The first batch was just as good as Whole Foods' and the second batch turned out kinda dry and tasteless. Definitely needed more salt and lemon juice. But hey, as long as it looks good in the picture, no one will ever know...

Oh. And for all you eco-lovin', green, organic types who tend to give me a hard time for being from Texas (full of shotgun toting, red-neck, planet-littering, red-meat-only types, of course...)

Off the top of your head:
Where do you think Whole Foods was started?
And where is it headquartered today?

Check your Whole Foods 365 Everyday Brand labels.

Uh huh. That's what I thought.