Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Travels

Hiking Silver Star Mountain in Washington with a view of Mt. Hood

Now that the weather's nicer, we've been out and about seeing what nature has to offer. The last time we hiked Silver Star it was foggy with a chilly wind. This time around it was still cold at the top but the sun has a way of making things look and feel a hundred times better.

Some silly goobers ice surfing at Silver Star Mountain.

Then I went off to Sacramento for 5 days to help my cousin with her wedding plans since it'll be "Bridesmaid Round 2" for me come March 2009. While there, I sat in this amazing big tree near the capital building and got back to my roots as one who loved to climb trees as a kid. I had a great time sitting in that tree, relaxing...just being. I had my cousin take a pic with my phone to capture the moment and then I accidently erased them the next day. **grimace** It's been a long time since I've accidently completely erased a set of digital photos...I dunno what I was thinking.

And then the day after departing Sacramento, Jon and I were off to Oswald West State Park in Oregon for camping where I again sat in a tree and this time I have a photo to prove it. We watched surfers, enjoyed the beach, and hiked, hiked, hiked. Crazy enough, we met a girl there who is from the Hurst-Euless-Bedford area of Texas. Which is where I grew up! Small world, right? We also met a lady from Shalimar, Florida which is close to another place where we have family. Great times. I love meeting people on my travels who are also well-traveled.

Tree hugging at Oswald West while also watching the surfers come in after a long day of surfing. I even got a few delighted smiles and laughs as some of the surfers noticed me up in the tree. Glad I could make people smile.