Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seattle

View From the Top, Seattle, WA

We've been on the move once again. Two weeks ago it was Bend, OR. Last week it was Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. Next week it'll be Welches, OR.

The adventure starts at the sweet --I mean, really sweet-- Pan Pacific Hotel in Seattle. It's currently only 1 of 2 Pan Pacific Hotels in the United States. The other one is in Hawaii. Of course. I highly recommend a stay at the Pan Pacific Seattle. They are highly accommodating and pride themselves on two words: Of Course.

Whatever you want, that's their response. You say, "Can I get a..." or "Yeah, I'd like..." To which they answer, "Of course."

Within reason...of course.

That bed was soooo comfy. And the 32" flatscreen TV wasn't so bad either.
Oh, and why is the window blown out? Because if it wasn't then you'd see a bunch of construction on the building across the street. And nobody wants to look at construction when they're pampering themselves.

Loved the sliding doors separating the bath from the rest of the room. Nice touch.

A view from inside the glass-walled shower.

And me.
About to eat breakfast while soaking in the tub.
Why?

Because I can. That's why.

In fact, I even watched an episode of So You Think You Can Dance.
From the bathtub.
Why?
That's right.
Because I can.
---------------------------------------

It was my first time in Seattle and my friend Rachelle (who is an AMAZING artist, check out Rachelle's website) showed me all the sights and sounds of the city. We had a full day experiencing the thoroughly intriguing Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, and dinner at The Pink Door. After which we decided to stuff one more attraction into the day and that was certainly none other than the attraction of all Seattle attractions: The Space Needle.

...and the view from the top.