Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Memories that double as dreams














My computer desktop tends to get cluttered with folders full of images. I was cleaning it all off and backing it up when I came across this photo I took of my friend, Vickie, this past May 08. She and I often go for walks, rambling about whatever comes to mind as we meander through the woods and dirt paths. I forgot I took this photo. Vickie and I love the sun and are transplants to the Northwest from much sunnier states. I remember the woods looked particulary enchanting that morning with the sunlight filtering through all the greenery. I'll have to amend this post sometime and post more "tree & sunlight" photos from this past summer. I really got on a sunny tree kick for a bit there, but I never posted those photos.

I often shoot as I go along in life and then the photos never get posted for anyone to see. Like Garry Winogrand, many of my photos may never be seen by anyone else but me. Not even my own immediate family sees all the photos I take. Kind of sad really.

Anyway, I like the feel of this photo. Something nostalgic and dreamy about it.