Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Derek & Angie's Wedding - April 27, 2008

Derek & Angie enjoying the awesome VW Surf Bus given to them by friends and family. The bus was signed, decorated, and filled with wacky stuff in remembrance of their special day.

Our friends, Derek & Angie, got married in a GORGEOUS ceremony on Kailua Beach on Oahu. I must say it was more beautiful than our beach wedding. I don't have any pictures from the ceremony since I was a bridesmaid, but I did find time to snap a few pics & some video during the reception at the awesome beach house where we all stayed.




It was really edifying to watch the wedding photographer and her assistant throughout the day as they captured every moment. The technique of wedding photographers varies across the board and I'm highly interested in seeing how well they blend into the ceremony and interact with the couple to get the best shot. I've seen some pretty bad wedding technique, but on this occasion the photographer was quite good. She was laid-back & out of the way, but always working and offering guidance when needed.

Friends and family watching Derek & Angie open their "wedding night gifts."