Friday, May 02, 2008

Magical Fireworks on Magic Island


Jon & I were in Oahu all last week for a wedding. Jon was a groomsman and I was a bridesmaid. For some odd reason, the powers that be paired us up to walk down the aisle together. I dunno why... I'll post pics when the photographer completes all the post processing.

The above photo was taken at Magic Island in Honolulu, Hawaii, during a cookout at the park with the engaged couple, wedding party, family, and friends. I didn't lug the tripod along on this particular outing so I shot sitting on the grass with my elbows on my knees, trying to keep as steady as possible, while shooting at 1/3 sec @ 5.6.

As far as our time in Hawaii goes...the week itself was pretty awesome: 20 friends in a gigantic house--complete with a pool and hot tub--two blocks from the beach.

Good times.